Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa
Fly to Lhasa airport and transfer to Lhasa (95 km - It takes approx. 2 hours to Lhasa through the Yerlung Tsangpo and the Lhasa Kyichu River). Overnight Hotel.
Day 2: Lhasa Tour
After breakfast, visit Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. It was built in the 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo and later renovated by the 5th Dalailama in the 17th century. Afternoon visit Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market, this is the holiest shrine in Tibet and houses of golden statue of the Shakyamuni Buddha which was brought to Tibet by the Chinese princess Wenchen. Overnight Hotel.
Day 3: Lhasa Tour
After breakfast, visit Drepung monastery, which is the largest Monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa, which was built in 1416 by Jamyang chojie a disciple of Tsongkhapa. Afternoon visit Sera monastery located in north of Lhasa city, It was built in 1419 by Jamchen Choeji, a disciple of Tsongkhapa,the founder of the Gelugpa sect. Sera monastery is one of the three major monasteries of yellow sect in Tibet. Overnight Hotel.
Day 4: Lhasa (3650m) - Shigatse (3900m)
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse .On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso (4400m) .The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance you can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa .
Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse). In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet. In Shigatse, we’ll visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Stay overnight in Shigatse
Day 5: Shigatse (3900m) - Everest Base Camp (5200m) via Tingri
We’ll leave Shigatse after getting your Alien’s travel permit, and then drive to Lhatse, it is a small town where you can have lunch.
After that, you will drive to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to shegar you will view the Mt, Everest in the distance.
After 4 to 6 hours’ drive , then you will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way , you will pass one of the highest Passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass you will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
Stay overnight at tent or Rongbuk monastery guest house.
Day 6: Everest Base Camp (5200m) - Old Tingri (4300m) - Kyirong
After appreciate the sunrise of Mt.Everest (if weather is good). Visit Rongpuk Monastery and walk to Everest Base Camp. We drive to Kyirong, the border town of China and Nepal. Driving pass Ghungtang Lhamo(5236M), we will see Mt. Shishapangma and the Pekutso Lake. Arrive in Kyirong in late afternoon.
Overnight in Kyirong.
Day 07: Kyirong to Kathmandu 150KM (7-8 hrs)
Tour Guide will assist the clients check out China. And see clients off at Kyirong border. The Nepal side, our driver will pick up clients at the Nepal side border, send the clients to Kathmandu.
1. Tibet Entry Permits and all other necessary Permits
2. Entrance fees of all tourist sites listed in the itinerary.
3. Local tour Transfers, 7-23 seats comfortable Tourist Vehicle according to Group Size.
4. Local Tibetan English-speaking guide in Tibet
5. Accommodation and Breakfast (B.B)
6. Free shuttle bus transfer from hotel to Lhasa airport/railway station.
7. Oxygen supplied when travelling to high altitude
8. Drinking water supply daily
9. Safe Transfer from China border to Kathmandu.
10. Welcome Dinner in Lhasa before overland tour starts.
11. Travel accident insurance covers accident, altitude sickness, up to 45000 USD (only in Tibet)Cost Excludes
1. Lunch and dinners are not included, approx. 5-7 dollar per meal
2. Tips to tour guide and driver, you are suggested to tip them 7 USD/day
1.Visa Fee and Application Service in Kathmandu. US$: 85.00 (If American and Canadian Passport Holder extra US$: 90.00)
2. Air tickets Kathmandu to Lhasa, Approx. 300-400 USD